The Saint Anthony Falls Office Building recently received LEED Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. The Phillips Building houses The Jay & Rose Phillips Family Foundation, a private foundation that provides grants and leadership resources to nonprofit organizations. The building was originally the Pillsbury Library, constructed in 1904. Mattson Macdonald Young worked with Domain Architecture & Design to renovate the existing structure and the addition of a rear entry structure to conform to the accessibility requirements.
The renovated structure earned the LEED certification with the use of natural light to reduce energy demands, insulated and reflective roof covering and sustainable manufactured materials. Nearly all the construction waste was recycled. The building has also won the Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Award and awards from the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota for Adaptive Reuse and Sustainable Design Excellence. MMY is proud to have been part of this project.